My Top Ten 80s Songs (Vol.2) To The #SoundtrackofMyLife


And while the early 80s in my soundscape had been fuelled with electronica and synth, the later part of 80s begun taking me on more a ... "soulful" journey of sounds, including appreciating jazzy and funky pop music, and where my appetite needed variety and ironically a hark back to much earlier era of music (Big Bands etc), and of course beyond the British New Wave (which will remain an essential part of my youth, going forward). This is jut some of my favs, in My Top Ten 80s Songs (Vol.2) To The #SoundtrackofMyLife


Truth be told, I think I'd coped unto Swing Out Sister more likely in the 90s, having discovered them as I'd somewhat tire of the 90s grunge/Hard Rock Cafe-tunnage, and was seeking a return to the early days of music which made me happier ... and entered SOS! "Breakout" was invirogating, and as inspired as its release was circa 1987, with its album "It's Better to Travel" being one of my all-time Top Ten Fav Albums!


Matt Bianco was a beast of a sound for me, also discovered much later in the 90s - where tracking down older albums was not as difficult these days (Thanks Tower Records and HMV!), parallel to youtube these days somewhat LOL

"Get Out Of Your Lazy Bed" (February 1984) is a sound example of their sound!


A distinct singer with Matt Bianco, Basia ventured forth with her own solo album ("Time and Tide"), with tons of songs that remain close to my memories of the era, chief of which was her first single "Time and Tide".


To choose one sole track from Sade is pretty "cruel" for me (LOL), but in lieu of a full-on indidivual post, I'd offer up her 1985-released "The Sweetest Taboo" (Album: Promise).


Level 42 was somewhat of a "guilt-pleasure" not of the "Top Pop 40s"-variety, but the verve which I relished, chief of which was "Something About You" (1985).


One of the more rounded sounds (to me) of the late 80s was from Curiosity Killed The Cat, with 1987's "Down To Earth" (Album: "Keep Your Distance") being that one-hit-wonder going down in history as a champion track, IMHO.


Fine Young Cannibals is known for their track "", but my fav had to be "Good Thing" (1988 / Album: "The Raw and the Cooked") instead.


Somewhere in my cassette collection, is a Terence Trent D'Arby album ("Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent D'Arby") which I may not be able to listen to now (*Actuay not true, I do have a tape player... just need to find the tape :p), and I thank YouTube for hosting select single, of which "Sign Your Name" (1987) was an example of the sound which led to the early 90s of pop-funk of my soundtrack of life.


Suzanne Vega's "Luka" (1987) was a beginning of a sound that brought me forward to the early-90s as well, along with a more intense lyrics


The late-80s cannot be mentioned without Australia's INXS in the same sentence, with 1987's "Need You Tonight" (Album: "Kick") being the eternal classic.

Comments

PP-TRE-BANNER